Alternatives to Homeschooling Programs in Wisconsin
For anyone looking for alternatives to homeschooling in Wisconsin call us at 608-228-1769 or complete the free demo form for emailed instructions here FREE DEMONSTRATION
Limited time for free enrollment is still available for the alternative to homeschooling in Wisconsin, but time is limited and we work with families in Wisconsin on a first come first serve basis.
- JEDI is an online, public charter school that offers parents, including parents who are currently homeschooling in Wisconsin, an option to access a PK-12 comprehensive curriculum.
- Many families are benefiting by getting accredited public school curriculum and a Wisconsin certified teacher all for free while accessing the public school system online.
- Parents who formerly home-schooled are seeing the light with a much more accessible way to have their child learn from home where they no longer need to be responsible for setting up and teaching the curriculum to their child with our alternatives to home schooling in Wisconsin
In Wisconsin, students who want to learn from home are eligible to participate in JEDI online classes for free, providing they are residence of Wisconsin. If you have just moved to Wisconsin, you should still be eligible but will have to check with our administrative office.
Why Choose Alternatives to Homeschooling in Wisconsin ?
Homeschooling is a confusing concept. Most people think that homeschooling is just learning from home; however, there are different interpretations. Through a virtual charter school, such as JEDI, your child can be educated at home but your child is still enrolled in the public school system. The curriculum is aligned with stated educational goals and standards. And the diploma your child receives is from a public school district. The second meaning of homeschooling is for your child to participate in a home based private educational program, which we are not.*
- JEDI works with a consortium of public schools and has one chartering district
- This allows us to open enroll students into our program as an option for homeschool parents to use when having their children in grades PK through 12th grade learn from home using a public school curriculum
- The online platform generates an easy access level to state accepted curriculum which makes it possible for your child to use the Internet to access his or her lessons
- Again, online learning is offered at no cost to the parent
By utilizing this methods of learning, parents still have the ability to have their children learn from home but with credits that are recognized by the state and by colleges and universities.
Look Inside our Alternative To Homeschooling Program for Wisconsin Residents ?
First thing we ask anyone to do is to register for a FREE DEMONSTRATION to let you begin seeing our tutorials and how our classes work.
You can set this up by calling Kim or go to the free demo page.
* For a definition of homeschooling in Wisconsin, please see the Wisconsin DPI website